Free Watercolor Sketch Photoshop Effect
Transform your photos into a watercolor sketch effect with this free Photoshop Action.
How does it work?
After loading the required files into Photoshop, you run the Photoshop Action to create all the layers needed to produce the effect.
From here, you simply start painting to reveal your watercolor. Everything is layered which gives you control over finer details, such as turning on/off the sketch lines if you do not want them.
Each example artwork on this page was created in roughly 5-10 minutes.
This Photoshop Action is free for your personal use projects or if you just want to try it out. If you are earning money with this item, you will need purchase a commercial license.
Tested and working with photoshop CC 2019 and above
A link to the video tutorial is also included in the ‘Readme.txt’ file in the download.
Important to know:
- Check you are using the English version of Photoshop to run the Action on.
- Check you are using a version of Photoshop that the Action supports.
- Watch the video tutorial to ensure you have your Photoshop file setup correctly. A link to the tutorial is included in the ‘Readme.txt‘ file in the download.
- Use high-resolution photos with the Action for the best results and to avoid errors. I highly recommend scaling your photo into the 3500px – 4500px range (at the long dimension) for the best results. Even if your photo is only 1000px at the long dimension, scale it up much larger.
- With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can install multiple versions of Photoshop. If you like this Action but is not supported on your version of Photoshop, you can always install an additional version of Photoshop to run the Action on. Once an Action has been tested and working on a version of Photoshop, it will always work.
- Use Jpeg or Png images to run the Action on. Other file types such as TIFF, BMP, PSD can cause issues with Actions, as Photoshop disables various features for different file types.
Take a look through the FAQ page here for solutions to errors as well as announcements regarding item updates.
Thankyou for your support!