Shimmer Photoshop Effect
Add sparkles to your photos in Photoshop with 1 click
How does it work?
Step 1: Load the Photoshop Action into Photoshop. You only need to load the Action once to use the effect over and over.
Step 2: Brush over that area of your photo where you want to apply the sparkles
Step 3: Play the Action!
You then have full layer control, so if there is a sparkle you don’t want then simply hide the layer, or you can even duplicate layers to build more sparkles.
Every time you run the Action you will get a different result, even if you use the same brushed area!
10 color options are also created by the Action.
The Photoshop Action is compatible with CS3 and above
A link to the video tutorial is also included in the ‘Readme.txt’ file in the download.
Important to know:
- Check you are using the English version of Photoshop to run the Action on.
- Check you are using a version of Photoshop that the Action supports.
- Watch the video tutorial to ensure you have your Photoshop file setup correctly. A link to the tutorial is included in the ‘Readme.txt‘ file in the download.
- Use high-resolution photos with the Action for the best results and to avoid errors. I highly recommend scaling your photo into the 3500px – 4500px range (at the long dimension) for the best results. Even if your photo is only 1000px at the long dimension, scale it up much larger.
- With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can install multiple versions of Photoshop. If you like this Action but is not supported on your version of Photoshop, you can always install an additional version of Photoshop to run the Action on. Once an Action has been tested and working on a version of Photoshop, it will always work.
- Use Jpeg or Png images to run the Action on. Other file types such as TIFF, BMP, PSD can cause issues with Actions, as Photoshop disables various features for different file types.
Take a look through the FAQ page here for solutions to errors as well as announcements regarding item updates.
Thankyou for your support!