Neon and Smoke Photoshop Effect
Surround your photo, text or graphics with neon lights and smoke with this Photoshop Action
How does it work?
Step 1: Load the required files into Photoshop. You only need to load the files once to use the effect endlessly.
Step 2: Open a cut out of your photo, import a graphic or type out some text
Step 3: Play the Action!
The Photoshop Action is compatible with Photoshop CC 2018 and above
- Works with photos, text or any kind of graphic
- Create any neon shape you like. You can draw lines, text or import graphics to use as your neon lights.
- Each time you run the Photoshop Action, it creates 10 unique smoke layers to choose from or blend together.
- To export your design on a transparent background, you simply hide the background color layer.
- Everything is layered, meaning you can experiment with turning elements on/off, decreasing/increasing layer opacities to adjust how visible certain visual features are or mask out any details you might want to hide.
- You can rotate and change the color of the neon lights reflected throughout your subject.
- Increase the intensity of the neon lights with 1 slider.
- Hide the ‘Smoke’ and ‘Neon’ folders to only keep the colored lighting on your subject.
- Easy to reveal parts of your neon (or the entire neon) in front of your subject.
- Comprehensive video tutorial, walking you through how to setup your Photoshop document to how each layer and folder affects your design.
A link to the video tutorial is also included in the ‘Readme.txt’ file in the download.
Important to know:
- Check you are using a version of Photoshop that the Action supports.
- Watch the video tutorial to ensure you have your Photoshop file setup correctly. A link to the tutorial is included in the ‘Readme.txt‘ file in the download.
- Use high-resolution photos with the Action for the best results and to avoid errors. I highly recommend scaling your photo into the 3500px – 4500px range (at the long dimension) for the best results. Even if your photo is only 1000px at the long dimension, scale it up much larger.
- With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can install multiple versions of Photoshop. If you like this Action but is not supported on your version of Photoshop, you can always install an additional version of Photoshop to run the Action on. Once an Action has been tested and working on a version of Photoshop, it will always work.
- Use Jpeg or Png images to run the Action on. Other file types such as TIFF, BMP, PSD can cause issues with Actions, as Photoshop disables various features for different file types.
Take a look through the FAQ page here for solutions to errors as well as announcements regarding item updates.
Thankyou for your support!