Color Splash Photoshop Effect
Create a colourful abstract photo effect in Photoshop with a few clicks
How does it work?
Step 1: Load the required files into Photoshop. You only need to load the files once to
use the effect over and over.
Step 2: Open your image and play the Photoshop Action!
The Photoshop Action is compatible with CS3 and above
A link to the video tutorial is also included in the ‘Readme.txt’ file in the download.
Important to know:
- Check you are using the English version of Photoshop to run the Action on.
- Check you are using a version of Photoshop that the Action supports.
- Watch the video tutorial to ensure you have your Photoshop file setup correctly. A link to the tutorial is included in the ‘Readme.txt‘ file in the download.
- Use high-resolution photos with the Action for the best results and to avoid errors. I highly recommend scaling your photo into the 3500px – 4500px range (at the long dimension) for the best results. Even if your photo is only 1000px at the long dimension, scale it up much larger.
- With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can install multiple versions of Photoshop. If you like this Action but is not supported on your version of Photoshop, you can always install an additional version of Photoshop to run the Action on. Once an Action has been tested and working on a version of Photoshop, it will always work.
- Use Jpeg or Png images to run the Action on. Other file types such as TIFF, BMP, PSD can cause issues with Actions, as Photoshop disables various features for different file types.
Take a look through the FAQ page here for solutions to errors as well as announcements regarding item updates.
Thankyou for your support!
Flexible and easy to understand.
I have downloaded 5 or 6 actions from this author. All of them are very amazing to use. Flexible and easy to understand. I’m good at C4d and After Effects but horrible at photoshop – these help me achieve a cool look and style.